Saturday, June 26, 2010

Job Picture 10


A Barrage of Accusations

Above the picture:
"But he knoweth the way that I take"
"when he hath tried me, I shall come forth like gold" (Job 23:100
"Have pity on me Have pity on me O ye my friends, for the hand of God hath touched me" (Job 19:21)

"Though he slay me, yet will I trust in him" (13:15) (This one must have been much in Christ's mind near the end of his mortal days.)

Below the picture:
"the Just Upright Man is laughed to scorn." (Job 12:4b)
"[1] Man that is born of a woman is of few days, and
full of trouble.
[2] He cometh forth like a flower, and is cut down: he
fleeth also as a shadow, and continueth not.
[3] And dost thou open thine eyes upon such an one,
and bringest me into judgment with thee?
[4] Who can bring a clean thing out of an unclean? not
one. (Job 14:1-4)

Blake put a barrelful of Job quotes in this plate. The
picture would suggest that these were accusations,
but the context tells me that Job is saying most of
these things. But together we come to a logical solution; does
Job realize that he is an "unclean thing"?

No comments: